Fly into Vail or Colorado Springs if driving to Crested Butte?
Sort of a weird question but if the options are between Vail and Colorado Springs, we would recommend flying into Colorado Springs. Colorado Springs is a little farther drive than from Vail, maybe 30 minutes, but it is an easier drive and a better drive in better weather. It will be cheaper to fly into Colorado Springs vs Vail and cheaper to rent a car in the Springs. Both are beautiful drives. We like the drive from the Springs better than the one from Vail, but you might disagree.
If you want even more options, you should consider Denver and Gunnison. Gunnison is going to be around the same price as flying into Vail, but just a 40 minute shuttle from the Airport. Denver is a 4.5 hour drive, the cheapest place in Colorado to fly into, and cheapest place to rent a car.
More Questions about Crested Butte
- What is the best route from Denver to Crested Butte?
- What are some attractions to see on the way to Crested Butte?
- Driving from Denver to Crested Butte in Winter
- When is the best time for snow in Crested Butte?
- What are some good flights from Denver to Crested Butte?
- How long should we stay in Crested Butte?
- Is Crested Butte a good place to ski?